Monday, March 8, 2010

Caulking: Obviously Invented by Satan

So here on my last day of leave I decided to pull out some of the old rotten caulk in our shower and get some new stuff in there.   Bad idea, first of all when growing up and helping my dad caulk things I was most likely looking for somewhere to hide a booger (sorry mom), or thinking that noone really actually caulks stuff besides my dad.   Well it came back to haunt me today after 14 tubes of caulk, a trip to the vet (sorry Oscar), and a grim realization that though our shower may be watertight it will certainly need to be replaced due to my lack of skill with a caulk gun.  

End result was actually only one half tube of caulk, no trip to the vet (sorry mom if I scared you), and the grim realization that though our shower may be watertight it will certainly need to be replaced due to my lack of skill with a caulk gun.   The only thing I did remember that is if I spit on my finger I could in fact smooth out the caulk without smearing it (thanks dad), that did help a little.   I will not caulk again, unless they come out with caulk for the special needs caulker, or caulk for ages 3+.   Regardless, like many things I do in life it is functional but not pretty.   In fact having just gone to review my work it resembles a Parkinsons patient helping a blind cake decorator during an earthquake.   Well the shower will be the test, wish me luck tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment