Friday, March 12, 2010

Hop Aboard the Nanny Train

Hop Aboard the Nanny Train

Posted using ShareThis

This really irritates the libertarian in me, this is the sort of thing that makes my blood boil.   Luckily today I went to the pistol range and cranked out an expert qualification so some of the anger has been calmed.   If we as Americans continue to let ourselves be subjected to this kind of crap, the future is inevitable and we will only have ourselves to blame.

I recall when my wife and I were engaged and I went to visit her in the DC area while I was still in college.   We had went to visit the Smithsonian and bought some of that space ice cream and were enjoying a few small pieces on the metro on our way home.   Some good Samaritan was kind enough to point out that there was no eating on the metro and I put the offensive food away.   Looking back I can recall this older gentlemen looking down his nose at me as if I were some criminal and smugly smiling to himself with pride when I complied with his restriction of my freedom.   I should have punched him put the food in his hand and called Congress on him, perhaps it would have created a self implosion of pity and finger pointing that would have saved us all.

Now I know that the food rule is to keep the metro from getting trashed.  I am a marginally rational being.   Today I am just not feeling very excited about being told what to do by anyone or anything in Washington D.C.

It's Friday, raise a toast to the Republic, may her strength grow and carry her through the toughest of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment